The following documents are required, in addition to other eligibility requirements, to complete an application for Palmetto CAP services:
- Legible state-issues photo ID for the applicant (name and address on ID must match what’s listed on all presented documents
- Legible Social Security cards for all household members (no photocopies)
- Proof of income for ALL household members for the past 30 days prior to the application date
- If the applicant has earning or wages, they will need to provide their pay stub (examples are monthly, semi-monthly, bi-weekly and weekly)
- If the applicant receives Social Security, SSI, pensions or retirement, they will need their current year benefit award letter.
- If the applicant is unemployed but is not receiving Unemployment Insurance, they must present a Zero Income History printout from www.mybenefits.dew.sc.gov or by calling 1-866-831-1724 (press 4 and 1 to speak to someone). Please allow 3-5 days for this information to be sent to you.
- If the applicant is a business owner or is self-employed, they will need the current tax year statement (example: Schedule C or C-EZ with all pages signed and included.
- Most of the programs require that you meet federal income guidelines, which applicants will be screened for at the beginning of the application process.
NOTE: Income includes, but is not limited to:
- Child support (a signed statement by the payer if support is voluntary or a statement from the court if it is court-ordered
- TANF/AFDC/Monthly Utility Check
- Unemployment Insurance
- Monthly stipends
- Adoption subsidies
Assistance cannot be rendered until the application is completed and all required documents have been presented.